In these days I had the opportunity to retrieve some information from an Iphone backup, in the specific case I was interested in WhatsApp’s messages. Nothing hard per se, it’s all inside some database files and with a tool like SQLite Database Browser you can easily access all the needed information but the annoying thing is represented by the interpretation of the result of your queries.
I didn’t have an immediate deadline for the analysis so I decided to code a little extractor for WhatsApp. Here are some screenshots:
The program has been tested on this configuration:
It’s just a personal project but if you want you can try it. Download WABI from here